St. Jude’s School is a Church of England school which is part of a wider Christian family. The school benefits from strong links with the local parish church St Matthew with St Jude’s and the support of the Southwark Diocesan Board of Education.
As set out in our Mission Statement in the school’s prospectus, Christian values are at the heart of all that we do. At St Jude’s we believe that successful partnership between the school, the church, the parents and the children helps to encourage a positive attitude to learning.
Each pupil is to take full advantage of all that the school has to offer.
The following agreement supports this partnership in the interests of our children
Pupils Name: _________________ Year: ___________ Date: ___________
Together we will promote high standards of work, behaviour & support the values of the school.
AS THE PARENT/CARER I WILL:
• Let the school know of any concerns about my child.
• Regularly attend parents’ meetings to review and be informed of my child’s progress and welfare.
• Support the school’s rules and expectations as set out in the Behaviour Policy.
• Ensure that my child attends school regularly, on time and with everything s/he needs.
• Ensure that homework is completed and returned on time.
• Encourage my child to take part in the full life of this church school.
Parent’s/Carer’s Signature: ___________________
AS A PUPIL I WILL:
• Keep the school’s rules.
• Attend school regularly and on time.
• Bring all the equipment I need each day.
• Wear the school uniform and be tidy in appearance.
• Do all my classwork and homework as well as I can.
• Be polite and helpful to others.
Pupil’s Signature: _________________________
AS A SCHOOL WE WILL:
• Provide a balanced and appropriate curriculum.
• Provide work suitable for children’s ages and abilities, which will help them progress.
• Establish a code of behaviour to ensure a safe and caring environment.
• Provide effective means of communication between home and school.
• Monitor the progress of children and provide advice and guidance over their work.
• Provide homework in accordance with the School Homework Policy.
Teacher’s signature: ________________