Our school lunches are freshly prepared and cooked on site every day by I.S.S.
CLICK HERE TO PAY FOR SCHOOL MEALS
Every day there is a choice between one meat and two other (vegetarian/fish) main dishes, a selection of vegetables, bread, salad cart and pudding, or yoghurt or fresh fruit.
For catering purposes, the cook needs to know exact numbers of children having a school lunch so that she can order and cook the correct amount of food.
If children have a school dinner, then the expectation is that they have a dinner every day; and likewise, if they choose to bring a packed lunch, then they do so every day. It causes problems with the kitchen when children chop and change between packed lunch and school dinners.
If your child wishes to change from school meals to packed lunches, or vice versa, the school requires two weeks notice of the change.
Please let the office staff know. A school lunch currently costs £3 per day (£15 per week).
If your child has a packed lunch please make sure it is healthy. We suggest:
- A drink – bottled water or juice (no fizzy drinks please)
- A sandwich with an appropriate filling (not chocolate spread) OR a pasta or rice dish
- A packet of savoury bites (savoury biscuits, baked bites, fruit bars)
- A piece of fruit
- Dessert – small piece of cake or individual cake/yoghurt – NO sweets, icing or chocolate please.
NOTE: We are a nut free school.
Snacks Before Clubs
Children should bring fresh fruit or chopped vegetables in a plastic container only.
Cereal bars, sweets, smoothies, yoghurt drinks are not permitted.
Our School Menu
Click to read Parent & Carer Welcome Letter
Please make all payments for school meals via www.sims-pay.co.uk you should have already received an email with an activation code for your account. If you have any problems accessing or using your account please contact the school office.
Please remember that the school is invoiced on a monthly basis for school meals taken by the children, so it is very important that payments for school meals are kept up to date and paid on time.
Children in our infants department do not have to pay for school meals.
Free School Meals
There is a form for parents to complete who have a child or children in full time education and are in receipt of the following benefits:
- Income Support (IS)
- Income-based Jobseekers’ Allowance (IBJSA)
- Income-related Employment and Support allowance (ESA)
- Child Tax Credit without any Working Tax Credit and an annual family income below £16,190
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
Please check with the school office about arrangements for Working Tax Credits.
FREE SCHOOL MEALS – Eligibility Checking Service Form
Please note: You must apply at least one month before the start of the term.