Meet The St. Jude’s Parent/Teachers Association (PTA)
A huge welcome to all parents and carers, and especially anyone new to the school!
The St Jude’s PTA is a friendly charity group who support the school, organise events for the school community and fundraise.
The PTA was founded in 2009 by a group of dedicated parents and since then it has gone from strength to strength, with the number of active members growing significantly.
We fundraise for computer equipment, football kits, educational workshops, art murals and much much more!!!
PTA meetings are held once a term, usually on a Friday, 9am-10am in the Art Room. Please see the calendar below for the next meeting date. Everyone is welcome to attend (including younger siblings).
We also hold specific event sub-group meetings when needed, and informal social get togethers.
If you would like to get involved in any fundraising, or help at school events, we are always looking for volunteers.
Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to Susie (Joseph, year 6 & Josh year 1), Sarah (Arthur, year 2) or Claire (Evelyn, year 3 & Theo, year 2).
Christmas Fair – 6 Dec 3.30-5pm
End of Term Cake Stall – 18 Dec
Film Night – 23 Jan
Valentines Disco – 13 Feb 5-8.30pm
PTA Meeting – 13 March
Quiz Night – 26 March
End of term food stall – 2 April
Summer Fun Run – 16 May
Summer Fair – 27 June
The PTA is open to all parents, grandparents and guardians of children at St. Jude’s and we rely on help and support of all kinds to make what we do a success. So whether you’re interested in being more or less hands on, involvement is always greatly appreciated in whatever form it takes!
- Become a PTA Committee Member (for more details see below)
- Have your say by attending monthly PTA meetings
- Help organise one of our main events or other fundraising activities ·
- Run a stall at one of our events, such as the Christmas Fair, the Valentines Disco, and the Summer Fun Run ·
- Share a skill, whether you’re a talented photographer, love arts and crafts, are great at graphic design, or know your way around a funding application, the PTA would love your help ·
- Get baking and provide tasty sweet or savoury treats to raise money at one of our events ·
- Grow some plants to sell at the summer fair ·
- Help with marketing by designing posters, flyers, and thinking of other ways to promote our activities ·
- Get your business involved, we’re always looking for businesses to sponsor our events, give us discounts, and donate services, so any suggestions greatly received ·
- Make a donation – items for the school fairs, a prize for raffle, or money, it’s all greatly appreciated ·
- And last but not least, come along and have fun at our PTA events!